Who we are ?
Baobab+ was created to distribute innovative non-financial products to improve and transform daily lives of African people in order to enable a sustainable economic development. BAOBAB+ is developing access to energy in Senegal, Ivory Coast, Mali, Madagascar, DRC and Nigeria through classical loans for Baobab clients or through Pay-As-You-Go model to make the solar products accessible to all.
Our ambition is to provide clean, affordable and reliable energy to people living off-grid by offering them quality products with adapted financial solutions.
BAOBAB+ is also working on access to digital in providing to its clients innovative digital devices and solutions like educative tablets or business tablets for entrepreneurs.
As part of our strategic development, we are looking for a CEO in Nigeria !
The successful candidate will have a clear mandate to ensure the direction and the management of BAOBAB+ subsidiary established by the board of directors. He will be responsible for all commercial activities, company management, funding and the strategy with a clear focus on business development and people management to ensure sustainable growth and long term viability in a competitive environment in the country. This position of CEO of Baobab+ subsidiary is the official and legal representative of the company.
N+1: Chief Executive Officer BAOBAB+ Group
- Oversee the organization of the company and ensure the respect of operational and financial processes
- Manage the company funds in light of approved budget with monthly check of finances budget evolution vs targets
- Establish a good collaboration with community groups, investments funds and other organization to facilitate the achievement of the BAOBAB+ entity
- Report on a regular basis on the company performance and implementation of corrective measures when needed.
- Represent the company with local authorities
- Participate in the elaboration of a strategic roadmap for the country with the Board
- Ensure that all resources are fully used to reach defined targets and to achieve continuous improvement
- Establish a positive and safe work environment in conformity of laws and relevant regulations
- Oversee employees recruitment to make sure the organization is build on Talents
- Developing market knowledge and commercial relationships in order to foster the growth of BAOBAB+ business with its different target groups.
- Develop and drive with the local team a clear Market operational plan aligned with the Group strategic roadmap.
- Contributing to the improvement of the products offer and services tailored to the customers’ needs
Manage and motivate the team
- Develop a high performing team and enhance people’s motivation by working with HR in implementing adequate incentives and career policy.
- Ensure an adequate operational organization of the teams working throughout the Baobab network of branches and Pay-As-You-Go agents, in order to supply the complete range of Baobab+ products to clients in accordance with business objectives.
- Develop amongst the business teams a corporate culture focused on delivering simple, transparent and efficient services to the clients
Any other duties assigned by the Group CEO in furtherance of business objectives.
REQUIRED SKILLS :
The successful candidate must have :
- A bachelor degree in any numerate business related subjects
- Master’s degree in Economics, Management, business development, marketing or equivalent.
- At least 6 years’ relevant experience as a Country Manager or Managing Director in sales/Marketing or similar environment in Africa.
- General knowledge of a wide range of BOP (Bottom of pyramid) products and services
- Advanced knowledge of product retail and customer care operations
- Ability to meet reporting expectations of the Board, investors and statutory bodies
- Excellent decision making skills
- Strong leadership and team building skill and experience with the ability to develop and maintain a Management team
- Excellent organization, delegation, performance management, administration, analytical, influencing, negotiation and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to challenging environment : flexibility in an evolving environment while settling in an effective and efficient organization
- Fluent in english, french appreciated
Go for it!
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with email subject “Baobab+ CEO Nigeria”.
The position will be based in Lagos.